Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Worst idea ever


This shit is vile.

Granted I am a purist, a foody, related to professional and semi-professional chefs. But I had to go buy chili cheese fritos from the office vending machine just to cleanse my mouth of the horrific flavor.

I was thrilled by the cheap price ($2.50 at a large, corporate retailer) and gluten and msg-free nature of this product.

First warning sign should have been that the recipe on the back called for approximately 4 times as much water as was actually needed. And that it actually needed to cook for twice as long as the box stated.

The taste was sort of like really bad paste. The amazon.com review described it as spicy- ha. I went on a rampage through the cupboards of the work kitchen, trying to find sriracha, then soy, then even salt. Then, I remembered I work at a relatively conservative state agency; hence, the lack of anything spicier than maple syrup in the way of communal condiments.

To add injury to insult- I discovered after choking it down that it actually contains "two servings," bringing the total caloric content to 680. Good grief.

If anyone wants the other box, it will be in my outdoor garbage can.

No comments:

Post a Comment